Albion » A14
The 4 cylinder 15 hp A14 model for cars and lightweight commercial use was introduced in 1911 to provide a direct drive (chainless) chassis for a 10-20 cwt van or lorry, a 8-10 seater bus, a taxicab, and also a range of cars of 2 to 6 seats. Originally intended to be fitted with a 2 cylinder engine by using a 'half' of the 4 cylinder 32hp engine from the A10, it was found that the advantage of natural water circulation could not be retained without an unreasonably high radiator and bonnet. So the design of a 4 cylinder 15hp engine was brought forward. Governed for higher speeds of up to 32 mph, it had an optional accelerator pedal instead of the column mounted throttle lever.