Ahrens-Fox » K / L / M / N / P series 1
In 1915, Ahrens-Fox replaced the double-dome Continental with a totally redesigned piston pumper. Powered by a four-cylinder engine of its own design and manufacture, the new Model "K" sported a single, spherical air chamber atop its 750 gpm four-piston pump. The first Model "K" - which would characterize Ahrens-Fox's pumper design for the next four decades - was delivered to Beaumont, Texas. The United States Government purchased 15 Model "K" piston pumpers in 1918 for the United States Army Ordnance Corps. From 1915 onward, Ahrens-Fox identified its products with an alpha-numeric combination of letters and numbers which indicated the motor, pumping capacity and equipment carried. The basic types included:
Model "K", four-cylinder engine, 750 gpm piston pumper built between 1915 and 1926.
Model "L", six-cyliner engine, six-piston 1200 gpm pumper, only 13 of which were built between 1915 and 1918.
Model "M", six-cylinder engine, 750 gpm pumper produced between 1916 and 1933.
Model "N", six-cylinder engine, 1000 gpm pumper, more than 250 of which were delivered between 1917 and 1935.
Model "P", six-cylinder engine, six-piston 1300 gpm, 23 of which were delivered between 1919 and 1929.