Mack » LPSW / NW
LPSW series was introduced in 1941 to replace the old models BM and BX. It was produced in form of 2- and 3-axle trucks. Originally the trucks were designed for construction of the Panama Canal, where were involved 10 trucks. Totally 55 trucks were made. Vehicles involved in military action by British troops. The front end design was unified with L range trucks. The LPSW series trucks were equipped with an open type one-man cab with windshield for the driver. These trucks were equipped with gasoline 160 hp Thermodyne engines. Also in 1941 was presented a four-wheel drive version NW. These vehicles actually were designed for commercial use, however, used in the U.S. Army to work on the reconstruction of the Panama Canal before and after America's entry into World War II. Only 16 pcs of NW trucks were made.