Austin » 20HP / 30HP 1st generation
In December 1912, the company presented models with a capacity of 2 and 3 tonnes. The production started in February 1913. These trucks were equipped with four-cylinder engines (3601 and 5883 cm3, 20-30 hp) and a heat sink mounted between the engine compartment and cabin. Those were the world's first trucks with individual scheme of drive of the rear wheels via two drive shafts, which transfered torque from the gearbox with built in it differential to bevel gear units of each driven wheel. Totally 480 trucks were made before Austin gave up this unusual scheme. After October 1917 about thousand of unsold trucks accumulated in the warehouses. Austin tried to sell them up to 1922.