Albion » A10 MkII
In November 1923, Albion took advantage of rising sales with a Mark II version of the 32hp A10, readily distinguished from the original with 2 sets of 5 horizontal bonnet louvres. With thirteen years of production behind it, the model was given a new lease of life with a new engine top end using paired removable cylinder heads. Water circulation between the block and each head was provided for with three large countersunk holes, each fitted with a double conical rubber ring reinforced by a split brass centre. Retaining a 4.5" bore, the RAC hp rating therefore remained at 32 hp, but actual output was up by 10-15%. Altered gearing assisted in improving the road speed by 12% over its predecessor, and fuel consumption was some 20% better. Chain drive was retained as Albion still considered this best suited to heavy commercial vehicles. The longer rear springs of late A10 models were carried over to this Mark II version, but otherwise chassis details were unchanged. Another distinguishing feature of the Mark II related to the radiator top tank, on which the Albion scroll was smaller than previously used.