Audi-Werke AG was founded in 1910 by August Horch, did not get along with the board of his first company Horch. At the trial between the two companies, the new company was named Audi. The next year producing of trucks was begun.
In the early postwar period, Audi was on a verge of bankruptcy, and in 1920 Horch left it. Nevertheless, the production of the pre-war range of trucks was continued. In 1928, a Danish businessman Jorgen Skafte Rasmussen acquired a majority stake in Audi and attached it to his company DKW. Production of trucks was stopped.