AEC » Marshal ( model 644 )
The first prototypes of a new 3-axle series in bonnet and cabover versions were built in 1932. But the mass production in 1935 reached only the cabover version. It was a 3-ton army truck with an axle arrangement 6x4, all 22-inch single wheels, open driver's cab with a slight overhang and wood-metal body. It was equipped with a 4-cylinder gasoline engine (5.1 liter, 80 hp) with an upper camshaft, 4-speed gearbox and hydraulic brakes with vacuum booster. On this chassis were produced vans, repair equipment trucks, pontoons haulers and even mobile churches. Up to 1941, 934 trucks were produced.