DAF » 500 / 700 / 900 / 1100 / 1300 / 1500
Difficult economic situation lead DAF to 'Club of Four' which included Magirus-Deutz, Saviem and Volvo companies. In 1975, the ETD 'Club of Four' project finally delivered a totally new range of light trucks. As a result, the small F1200 and F1400 models - introduced just three years earlier - were replaced by the ETD F500, F700 and F900 derivatives, which would eventually covered the complete 9- to 16-ton GVW range. The cabs for the new trucks were assembled from pressings originating from the Magirus factory in Ulm, Germany, with power comes from the DD575 120 bhp engine or 80 bhp Perkins for lighter models. The small 'Club of Four' range of lightweight trucks has been continually expanded since its introduction in 1975, and by 1978 the heaviest models in the range - the F1100, F1300 and F1500 - had been added to the line-up.